Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Uganda Blog- Half Way Point (2 weeks late)


Sorry that I haven’t been able to do daily updates, internet and electricity aren’t extremely accessible here. I have officially been in Uganda for 2 weeks now and have 2 weeks left. The first two weeks were incredible but I know the next two weeks are going to be even more amazing! I am so thankful and so blessed that Shawna was able to come and experience Uganda and see the passion I have for this place first hand! We experienced some crazy things the  first two weeks as well.

  1. We got chickens
  2. I washed my clothes (attempting to become a true African woman)
  3. I peeled matooke (a type of banana)
  4. I roasted corn over a charcal burner
  5. We were able to pray with families from the school
  6. We visited houses around the school
  7. We got chased by a hippo
  8. We were within 20 feet from an elephant! <— SCARY!! 
  9. Shawna almost got chased by an elephant! 
  10. We taught people the definition of Selfie and #hashtag
  11. We got to play games with the most amazing children! 
  12. We went to an Ugandan giveaway and wedding
  13. We worshipped the one true God with people who speak another language and live across the world from America!
  14. I got a new nickname! 
  15. I got to hold a one month old baby
  16. I prepared spaghetti for lunch on a charcoal stove
  17. I was in the nile river

We took Shawna back to the airport yesterday and then drove back to Mbarara through the night and today I was able to wash my clothes again and am resting, preparing to go to the school tomorrow to spend the remaining of my time loving on students and conducting a teacher workshop for the primary school teachers! 

I am so blessed and can’t wait to see what God continues to do in my heart and my life! 

Thank you for the prayers and support! 

Love,
Nimurungi Jaimie Lynn Towns Village! 

No comments:

Post a Comment