Friday, June 6, 2014

Reflection

As I sit on the airplane flying home I keep thinking about all the amazing things God has shown me this trip. I am so blessed and grateful for those who have helped spiritually and financially.
Before this trip my dream was to move to Uganda and teach, since this trip thought I have realized that I don’t want to just move to uganda and teach I have to do something more! Waking up and seeing students from different walks of life, seeing teachers copy everything on a chalkboard because they only have 1 copy of a book for class, and seeing classrooms that are partially finished. I saw  all these obstacles as a teacher and student at Good Shepherd Kindergarten (GSK) but amongst all these challenges there is an explainable hope. After talkig to the head teacher about some of the challenges I realized how easy it could be to help but at the same time it would require myself and the average christian american to deny themselves and begin to live a radical life. 
My dream isn’t just to move to Uganda and teach my  dream is to start to live radically and start sponsoring GSK to partner with PIM and KSVS and become united in their vision of building a campus that brings hope, brings love, that brings refuge and brings the Lord into a community that is caught in a viscisous cycle. God is not done with this city and there is no doubt in my mind that He is going to do amazing things in Kamwenge. And when He asks who should I send? I will yell HERE I AM SEND ME!!  

TEXTBOOK CHALLENGE
1 textbook in Uganda costs less than $8, how much does a typical american spend at a coffee shop or fast food restaurant even when there is food in your fridge. The lord has laid it on my heart to raid funds for textbooks for the school and I invite you to join in. My goal is to have raised funds for 500 textbooks by fall. I encourage you to help and think twice before going out to eat and perhaps you can use that money to help students half way across the world get a better learning environment. You could help make a teachers job a little easier among all the other challenges faced day by day. 

Am so blessed to have had this opportunity to be used by God and I am in prayer that I will continue to be used by God in this community. Please message me if you feel lead to help me. 






Thank you so much to everyone who has prayed for me, who supported me financially and who donated school supplies for the school! You all will be blessed abundantly! 

Mukama Asiimwe,
Jaimie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment